What can YOU do to help abolish nuclear weapons?
Here are some steps you can take to support the Canadian Network to Abolish Nuclear Weapons:
- Spread the word. Talk about the need to abolish nuclear weapons with your family and friends, in your neighbourhood, faith group or workplace. Share the documents from our website with your contacts.
- Divest from companies producing nuclear weapons. See our divestment page of resources: here.
- Educate yourself on the basic facts. Spend time on this website or any of the many other good resource sites.
Here are a few others you can look through:
- Inform the Prime Minister and your Member of Parliament of your concern (no postage necessary). Ask them to support the goal of the CNANW. To find your Member of Parliament, go to the parliamentary website. Sample letter here. Hand your MP a background briefing document (rtf format; pdf format).
- Inform the House of Commons of your concern: Circulate a petition urging support for the abolition of nuclear weapons by all states, and ask your M.P. to present it to Parliament. (A sample petition is available on this website.)
- Individuals are invited to join one or more of our member groups.
- Community organizations, faith groups and unions are invited to endorse the goals of the CNANW.
- Make a donation to organizations that are working to abolish nuclear weapons.
- Make a donation to support the CNANW.
Email us for details at: cnanw [at] web.ca